Are you race ready?
We know there's a lot to think about before race day... so here’s a one-stop-shop reminder of everything you need, all in one place.
Good luck and don't forget to read your race booklet!
- 7:30 - Food & Fitness Festival and baggage marquee open
- 8:35 - Runner warm up at the main stage
- 8:40 - Move to start funnels
- 9:00 - Half Marathon starts
- 10:00 - Entertainment starts on the stage
- 10:30 - Activities start in the activity zone
- 11:00 - Winners’ prizes awarded on the stage
- 16:00 - Food & Fitness Festival closes
You will be one of 16,000 runners, so we strongly advise arriving in plenty of time as it can be very busy. Bear in mind that there may be queues at the baggage marquee and for the loos, so please ask your supporters to give priority to runners before the race. Do try and be patient - why not wish the person stood next to you good luck!
As the village opens early in the morning and we have park neighbours to consider, announcements over the loud speakers won't begin until after 8:30am. Useful information and reminders will be displayed on the big screen in the event village so make sure you take a look.
RACE DAY CHECKLIST
A successful race day starts the night before - so we advise getting everything ready before you go to bed on Saturday to avoid any early morning panics!
So, remember to:
- Check TfL's website for any disruption to your planned journey
- Fill in the details on the back of your race number
- Bring your safety pins with you from your race pack
- Remember to bring your race number with you! Please make sure you do not wear anything that covers your race number whilst you run (tops, bumbags etc.) as this can prevent your timing chip from working correctly
- Pack warm clothes to wear after your race
- Bring some cash so you can try the delicious food, enjoy the festival and browse the official merchandise for sale
- Most importantly, allow yourself enough time before the race to get ready in Hyde Park
ROYAL PARKS HALF TRACKER APP
To help your cheer squad follow you around the course, we'd recommend your supporters download our tracker app. Search for Royal Parks Half 2017 in an app store (Apple or Android) and ask them to search for you either by name or race number to add you to the tracker. It will pinpoint where you are on a map of the route and give them your estimated finish time. Trust us, it’s super helpful!
TELL US WHY YOU'RE RUNNING
To further celebrate #10YearsRunningof the Royal Parks Half, we're inviting you to tell us why you're running with us on Sunday 8 October. You can collect a tag from different points in the event village, and then write down your reason for running. Snap a pic inside the Celebration Walk and share it - then hang your reason in the position of your choice.
The tags are made from recycled paper, containing wildflower seeds. At the end of the day, you're welcome to collect yours and take it home - plant it in your garden and with a little luck you'll be able to remember the day with a fresh bloom of flowers in the spring!
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH US
When you get to Hyde Park, we'd love to know you've arrived so check-in on Facebook or Instagram and remember to tweet us. If you use our hashtags #royalparkshalf and #10YearsRunning you could also feature on the big screen!