Here at Royal Parks Half, we recognise that things are a little different this year and you may have more questions about taking part than usual. Although legal requirements for social distancing and many other COVID mitigation measures have now ended, we are keen to retain as many of these elements as possible to ensure every participant feels comfortable.
We will continue to update the event website over the coming weeks with more information as we countdown to the 2021 Royal Parks Half Marathon.
NEW START LINE LOCATION
• The start line has moved from Hyde Park to The Mall to allow us to create more space around the start.
• We will also stagger arrival times so that we are able to safely manage the flow of people, reduce the number of participants at any one point, and maintain safe social distancing at the start of the event.
• We ask you to consider other participants, staff and spectators at Royal Parks Half by observing social distancing wherever possible.
REDUCING CONTACT WITH EVENT STAFF
• Event packs and timing chips will be posted out to participants prior to the event.
• All participants should arrive event ready prior to arriving at the start.
• Participants must plan to be self-sufficient with hydration and fuelling on route. There will be refill points pre and post-event, and emergency water points on the route but please ensure you bring a filled bottle / race vest with you.
• We are delighted to welcome spectators to Royal Parks Half this year but would like to highlight that there will be no access the start line for Spectators. There are plenty of locations along our stunning route for spectators to cheer you on and you will also be able to meet up again at our Food & Fitness Festival in Hyde Park.
• We encourage all spectators to maintain social distancing where possible.
• All spectators MUST download the NHS app for track and trace.
CLEANSING AND HYGIENE
• Additional cleansing teams will be on site and touch point areas will be sanitised regularly.
• Hand sanitisation stations will be located throughout the sites.
• No changing facilities will be available, please come event ready.
• All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire in the 14 days prior to the event. We will email you with more details on this closer to the time.
• Information provided in the questionnaire will be used for the NHS track and Trace if requested.
• Participants will be allocated a wave with a specific arrival time. In order to manage participant flows in accordance with social distancing measures, we will unfortunately not be able to accommodate requests for wave changes.
LATERAL FLOW TESTS AND TRACK & TRACE
• It is compulsory for all participants to do a lateral flow test prior to the event and have had a negative test.
• All participants will need to log their negative result on the Government website here.
• To order you own tests please visit the UK Government website here.
• For more information on Lateral flow test please see the NHS website here.
Please note, Royal Parks Half is following all guidance provided in addition to further advice from the Government and Public Health England. As with many other areas of our lives currently, the above advice is subject to change. We will keep in regular contact with you regarding any such changes.
TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
Please make sure you follow the current government guidance, including;
• Wash hands - keep washing or sanitising your hands regularly.
• Cover face - wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces.
• Make space - stay 2 metres away from other participants and event staff where possible.
• If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.