About the event
AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE
In 2008 we created a spectacular Half Marathon in central London – the first and only one of its kind. The stunning 13.1 mile route takes in the capital’s world-famous landmarks on closed roads, and four of London’s eight Royal Parks – Hyde Park, The Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens.
We, like all of our runners, want to see the best of London’s city and parks, so our fantastic event goes beyond just running 13.1 miles, as we design the day so that spectators have as much fun as the runners themselves.
- Take a look at our galleries of images from the event through the years
- Watch our 2017 video – experience race day for yourself!
- Find out more about past winners here
Raising funds for the Royal Parks and other charities
Our award-winning event was set up as an annual fundraising initiative, raising sustainable funds for the Royal Parks to support London’s eight Royal Parks, and enabling charities of all sizes to be involved in a major challenge event.
We need people to understand that London's beautiful Royal Parks need their support. The money raised by the Royal Parks through this event helps to keep the magic of the Royal Parks alive through restoring monuments and playgrounds, teaching children about the natural world and caring for wildlife.
Finally, we aim to make race day as green and sustainable as possible. In 2017, 58% of waste from the food festival and 95% of plastic bottles used for the event were recycled and 891kg of discarded clothing was saved from going to a landfill site. We’re working hard to do more with every event we put on. It is important to us that we not only protect the Parks but do our bit to reduce our impact on the wider world.
- 2017 - Runner's World Personal Best Awards - Best New Race of the Decade
- 2016 – Shortlisted at the BT Sport Industry Awards and Running Awards
- 2013 – Third Sector Excellence Awards – Best Fundraising Event
- 2011 – Event Awards – Best Outdoor Event
- 2009 – Hollis Sponsorship Awards – Sponsorship Award (Charity & Community)
- 2008 – Runner’s World Awards – Best New Event