An Amazing Experience
In 2008 we created a spectacular Half Marathon in central London – the first and only one of its kind. The stunning 13.1 mile route takes in the capital’s world-famous landmarks on closed roads, and four of London’s eight Royal Parks – Hyde Park, The Green Park, St James’s Park and Kensington Gardens.
This year, the Royal Parks Half is coming to you on 11 April 2021. On Sunday 11 April, we’re asking all of you to celebrate the #RoyalParksHalf by completing your 13.1 miles in your local area. Together, we’ll be celebrating green spaces the length and breadth of the country whilst simultaneously raising millions of pounds for hundreds of worthwhile causes.
The only way you can get in is by finding a charity to run in support of. Take a look at our charities list and find a cause that means something to you.
What’s included in your entry?
All runners will be sent an amazing race pack pre-event that contains: your race bib to wear on race day, an exclusive medal to commemorate your achievement and an awesome sustainable water bottle from Royal Bank of Canada.
- After the event, you will also be sent your official, exclusive 2020 Royal Parks Half finisher t-shirt.
- We are bringing the Royal Parks Half to you through a state-of-the-art app, designed specifically for the April event. This brand-new app combines ground-breaking augmented reality technology with an unparalleled digital experience that is designed to mirror as much of the in-person race as possible. Connect with other runners, share your race day experiences and try out the latest tech with our cool interactive features. We’ve got so many more exciting new features that we can’t wait to share with you soon too!
Raising funds for the Royal Parks and other charities
Our award-winning event was set up as an annual fundraising initiative, raising sustainable funds for the Royal Parks to support London’s eight Royal Parks, and enabling charities of all sizes to be involved in a major challenge event.
Over the last twelve years the event has exceeded all expectation in raising nearly £50 million for over 1,000 UK charities, including the Royal Parks, British Heart Foundation, Cancer Research UK, GOSH, Mind and Tommy's.
We need people to understand that London's beautiful Royal Parks need their support. The money raised by the Royal Parks through this event helps to keep the magic of the Royal Parks alive through restoring monuments and playgrounds, teaching children about the natural world and caring for wildlife.
We aim to make race day as green and sustainable as possible. Sixty-six percent of all waste from the event is recycled and now avoids landfill sites. We’re working hard to do more with every event we put on. It is important to us that we not only protect the Parks but do our bit to reduce our impact on the wider world.
- 2019 - The Running Award - Bronze for Best Half Marathon over 5,000 Participants
- 2018 - UK Sponsorship Awards - Most Effective Use Of Mass Participation Sponsorship
- 2017 - Runner's World Personal Best Awards - Best New Race of the Decade
- 2016 – Shortlisted at the BT Sport Industry Awards and Running Awards
- 2013 – Third Sector Excellence Awards – Best Fundraising Event
- 2011 – Event Awards – Best Outdoor Event
- 2009 – Hollis Sponsorship Awards – Sponsorship Award (Charity & Community)
- 2008 – Runner’s World Awards – Best New Event
*You will hear about how to participate in the most stunning half marathon in the world and get exclusive access to training tips and sponsor offers.