How to Get Fundraising!
We know you’ll be busy getting your training on track for the Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon, so the last thing you want to worry about is your fundraising.
That’s why Virgin Money Giving have put together five simple things you can do to take the pressure off, and get those donations rolling in.
Why we recommend virgin money giving
We believe that Virgin Money Giving is the best choice for runners wanting to use an online fundraising method to support their chosen charity. They combine lower costs to the charity with fantastic support making the effort required to hit those all-important targets that much easier.
Setting up a fundraising page – as an individual or as a team – couldn’t be easier and they have a wealth of ideas and information on how to get the pounds in the bank.
5 Simple Steps to Maximise Your Fundraising
- Set up a page early. Fundraisers who start early tend to raise more. More time on your fundraising now will free you up to focus on your training later.
- Set a target. It gives you and your supporters something to aim for, and again, you are likely to raise more. You can always increase it once you’ve hit it!
- Use social media. Promote your page on Facebook and Twitter, with a link to your Virgin Money Giving fundraising page. Tell people who you are raising funds for and why, and keep friends informed of your fundraising and training progress - it will inspire them to donate.
- Remember Gift Aid. Gift Aid allows charities to claim tax back on donations, so make sure you remind those sponsoring you to check if they’re eligible.
- Break down targets. Don’t feel daunted by a big target. Aim to get £10 a day in donations and you’ll see it quickly mount up.
Virginmoneygiving.com is packed with more fundraising tips to help you raise more.
Make your Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon miles count for more!
Other useful tips
Press coverage can be really helpful when you start to fundraise.
If you’ve got a particularly captivating personal story or reason for running, do tell the charity you are running for your reason for supporting them and taking part in the event.
And keep us up to date too on Facebook and Twitter, we’d love to hear your story.
You can find more tips, tricks and best practice guides on how to fundraise from the Institute of Fundraising by visiting www.how2fundraise.org.